We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure here.
Planning a Universal Orlando vacation can be complicated and overwhelming. Especially deciding where to stay. Recently I spent five nights at the Loews Royal Pacific and friends, this hotel is a great choice for where to stay during your visit to Universal Orlando Resort. Keep reading for my full review and the best way to book a trip to Universal!
Loews Royal Pacific: Where to Stay at Universal Orlando Resort
Why Stay at Loews Royal Pacific at Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Orlando Resort is made up of eight hotels, ranging from budget to luxury. Additionally there are two theme parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure), one water park (Volcano Bay) and Universals’ shopping and dining district, City Walk.
Staying at a Universal Orlando Hotel certainly has benefits, although there are great places to stay outside of the resort as well. For that reason, it’s always best to plan a trip like this with a professional. With a travel professional (like me!) you can talk through all the options, and find something that fits your vacation desires and budget!
Heading to Orlando? Need help planning this trip? The click the banner below to get started planning your Orlando Vacation today! I am a full-service travel agent and do it all – Disney, Universal, Legoland, and all the Florida resorts! As always, my services are FREE!
Can you walk from Loews Royal Pacific to Universal Studios?
You can’t beat the location of Loews Royal Pacific. Its located a short walk from City Walk and the entrance to Universal’s Islands of Adventure. You can also take a complimentary water taxi to City Walk. Loews Royal Pacific is next to Sapphire Falls as well.
Rooms at Loews Royal Pacific
Loews Royal Pacific Resort has rooms in three towers. Tower one and two were a little closer to the front entrance, and tower three closer to the pool or convention center. Everything is pretty close no matter what tower you end up in
On my recent visit I stayed in a standard room in tower two. With two queen beds, a desk, TV, bathroom and fridge, it was a pretty basic hotel room.
Here is my Room Tour Video:
Dining at Loews Royal Pacific
In five nights, I only ate at Royal Pacific once – at the pool restaurant/bar. With City Walk so close by, we chose to eat dinner there. Worth noting that although the Universal dining plan is a great deal (and one I recommend to my guests) it is not redeemable at hotel eateries. 2022 UPDATE: The Universal Dining plan has been suspended indefinitely.
In addition to the pool bar, there are four other restaurants (and room service), including Jake’s American, Islands Dining Room, and Orchid Court Lounge & Sushi Bar .
To grab food on the go, visit Tuk Tuk market right in the lobby.
Does Loews Royal Pacific Have Free Breakfast?
No, free breakfast at Loews Royal Pacific is only for Club Level guests.
On my recent stay, I went to Publix beforehand and bought some bars and oatmeal cups for the room. Most agents on our trip started their day with a hot, sit down breakfast at the Islands Dining Room on level one. You can even dine outdooors!
You can also grab something quick at Tuk Tuk market.
Beach and Pool at Loews Royal Pacific
Loews Royal Pacific has some great amenities. This is the perfect resort to relax at if you have non-park days in your plans.
Loews Royal Pacific had a great pool area – one to rival any Florida resort! Its huge, with a hot tub, cabanas, and a splash park area. Loews Royal Pacific provides guests with towels, lounge chairs, umbrellas and there is food and beverage service by the pool.
KEEP READING: What to pack in your pool bag
Again, a great way to relax and unwind after a morning at the parks!
Another great amenity at Loews Royal Pacific is the small little beach! Yes, there is a little beach to the right of the water taxi stand. There is sand and a few lounge chairs. But don’t swim in the water (NEVER swim in fresh water in Florida, gators do live in these ponds).
Property Amenities at the Loews Royal Pacific
I visited Loews Royal Pacific in February 2021, so due to health protocols, the arcade and kids club was closed. Sadly too, at that time, the Waitaikan Luau was not being offered, but as of summer 2022, the LUAU is back!
Lastly, the resort has a full gym, and there are miles of walking trails along the water.
The Benefits of Staying at Loews Royal Pacific
One of the main reasons to stay at Loews Royal Pacific (or Portofino/Hard Rock) is the inclusion of the Unlimited Express Pass with your ticket package. Express pass allows you to skip the line at almost all of the park attractions at Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure.
This is a HUGE perk of staying at one of these properties. And is a great value as well. A. night at Royal Pacific will often cost less than staying at a Universal budget property (or off-property) and adding express pass to your tickets.
Additionally, all of my guests get Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, one hour before the theme park opens.
AMAZING PERK OF BOOKING WITH A UNIVERSAL SPECIALIST!
Tips for staying at the Loews Royal Pacific
You will have a great stay at Loews Royal Pacific, but here are some tips you should know before you go.
- Don’t bring a car, parking is very expensive. You can rent one for the day onsite if you want to check out any of the other area attractions. If you are landing at Orlando airport, you can take the Universal shuttle directly to your resort. There is an Avis desk in the Loews Royal Pacific lobby for car rentals.
- Take the water taxi to the park for the photos and experience, but I found it faster to just walk.
- Your key card is also your Unlimited Express Pass. Its advantageous to bring a lanyard with a card holder to have your key readily accessible at the parks.
- Take advantage of early park hours in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, again a special perk my guests receive (Just to clarify as someone commented – all on-site guests get early morning park access. If you are staying off-site and purchase your park tickets thru an agency, you get early morning access as well!)
- Grocery shop for snacks and drinks before you arrive, or arrange an Instacart or Amazon Fresh delivery. Each room is equipped with a fridge and you can rent a microwave for about $15/day
- In 2021, daily housekeeping was not being offered, but you can request anything you need via text message (they give you the phone number when you arrive). I also learned that if you request it, they will come in and do light housekeeping service when you are not there. 2022 UPDATE – housekeeping has resumed AND you can still use the text message service – win-win!
- Priority Seating for Premier Guests (at select Universal City Walk restaurants) has been replaced with the ability to text your concierge and let them know when and where you want to dine for priority waitlist.
My Review of Loews Royal Pacific
I give this resort a great review based on the unbeatable location, friendly staff, great Hawaiian theming and fabulous pool area. This resort, when taking into account Unlimited Express Pass is included, also provides a great value for your stay. Again, not a budget property but can price less than a value resort plus buying the Express Pass ala carte.
I cannot wait to go back to Universal with my kids, I know they would love Loews Royal Pacific as well. And I will continue to recommend this property to the lucky clients who have me book their Universal vacation!
SHOP FOR UNIVERSAL: